I would like to appeal to the farmers of West Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh, to “Participate themselves in irrigation management and use the irrigation water judiciously for better yield and attain self sufficiency”.
BRIEF REPORT ON DEVELOPMEMTAL ACTIVITIES UNDER WATER RESOURCES
DEPARTMENT:: BOMDILA DIVISION DURING - 2009-10.
Water Resources Department, Division, Bomdila, is looking after the works related to Irrigation projects (Major, Medium and Minor Irrigation), Flood Control/Anti-Erosion projects and Command Area Development (CAD) projects under West Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh.
The brief report about the various ongoing projects under various Heads of Accounts are as follows :-
- IRRIGATION PROJECTS:-
- Major Irrigation Project :- At present, there is no Major Irrigation Project under West Kameng District.
- Medium Irrigation Project:- At present, there is no Medium Irrigation project under West Kameng District.
- Minor Irrigation :- At present, there are 37 (Thirty seven) Nos of minor irrigation projects under West Kameng District, Arunachal Pradesh. The total sanctioned amount of these 37 Nos. of Minor irrigation project is Rs. 392.00 lakhs. The fund allocation for these 37 (thirty seven) nos. of minor irrigation projects during this financial year -2009-10 is yet to be finalized. The list of minor irrigation schemes are attached herewith as Annexure-A.
- FLOOD CONTROL PROJECTS :-At present, there are 11(eleven) nos. of ongoing flood control projects under West Kameng District. The total sanctioned amount of these 11 Nos. of Flood Control schemes is Rs. 33.00 lakhs. Fund for these 11 schemes for the current financial year (2009-10) are yet to be finalized. In addition to these 11 schemes, one centrally sponsored Anti-Erosion Scheme- viz, “Anti-Erosion work to protect Rupa and Tenga Valley” is under execution. The sanctioned amount of this project is Rs. 340.14 lakhs. The list of ongoing Flood Control schemes are attached herewith as Annexure-B.
- COMMAND AREA DEVELOPMENT (CAD) PROJECTS :-At present, there is only 1(one) no. of ongoing Command Area Development(CAD) project under West Kameng District. This scheme is a cluster of 20 (twenty) nos. of small minor irrigation projects. The sanctioned amount of this CAD project is Rs. 173.92 lakhs. Fund for this CAD project for the current financial year (2009-10) is yet to be finalized. The list of the ongoing command area development scheme is attached herewith as Annexure-C.
Monthly Progress Report