Profile of Deputy Commissioner
Dr. Sonal Swaroop, IAS
West Kameng District,
1. Dr. Sonal Swaroop is a 2012 batch AGMUT cadre IAS.
2. This 33 years old IAS officer originally belongs to Rajasthan.
3. Before getting into IAS, she did her MBBS from Delhi’s Maulana Azaaad Medical College.
4. In civil services mains examinations, she opted for medical science and public administration and cleared it to be an IAS.
5. After getting into IAS she told IAS aspirants that newspaper reading, especially editorials helps.
6. She believes, in UPSC examinations more general knowledge and simple mathematics skills are required.
7. She served as sub-divisional magistrate (SDM), Vasant Vihar, Delhi before moving to Arunachal Pradesh.
Message from the Deputy Commissioner
It gives me immense pleasure to present the revamped official website of District West Kameng.The main purpose of this website is to help in bringing the information accessible to all, usher in transparency and boosting e-governance.
The website does not only provide information about various aspects of administration but also about all the central as well as State sponsored schemes being implemented by the line departments in district, the status of newly announced CM flagship schemes in agri-skill development sector, filing of ILP, various notifications and major news of district.
In this land of mystical Gompas, beautiful orchids, scintillating wildlife sanctuary, breathtaking apple-kiwi-cardamom orchards, ancient forts, the mighty Sella Pass etc this district website also provide details of various tourist attractions, accommodations available, home-stays operating in various areas, helpline number etc.
I appreciate the sincere efforts of the officer from National Informatics Centre for re-designing and developing the website with user-friendly interface and comprehensive details.
I sincerely invite strenous effort from all the officers in district West Kameng to rise to the occasion to ensure public friendly transparent accountable development oriented governance in Arunachal Pradesh.
Jai Hind. Jai Arunachal.