How to Reach
One can reach West Kameng District from their parts of the country via Guwahati and Tezpur in Assam. Upto Guwahati, there is daily flight of Indian Airline, Jet Airways and Shahara Airlines from Delhi. There are also flights from Kolkata and other parts of the country. Besides this, there is train service including Rajdhani Express upto Guwahati. Alternately one can reach Tezpur by flight via Kolkata. From Guwahati /Tezpur one has to proceed to Bomdila by road which takes about 4 hours from Bhalukpong and 6 hours from Tezpur. So, it is necessary to halt on the way in Bhalukpong in West Kameng District of Arunachal Pradesh. Accommodation facilities like Government rest house, tourist lodge and hotels are available in the way in Bhalukpong, Bomdila & Dirang. Apart from enjoying scenic beauty throughout the drive, the visitors can see a number of monasteries on the way. There are some tour operators who organize tour from Guwahati to Bomdila by road like :-
- Himalayan Holidays, Bomdila, Phone : 03782-22017
E-mail : himalayan-holidays[at]usa[dot]net
- Sangrila, Tawang, Phone :03794-23151
- Seven sisters’ safari, Bomdila, Phone :03782-222255
- Shambala Tour and Travels, Tezpur, Assam, Phone :03712-52108
- Pine Ridge, Bomdila
Entry and exit point :–Bhalukpong
- Language spoken :- Local Dilects (Sherdukpen, Monpa, Sajolang, Hrusso, Khawa, Sartang), Hindi, English, Nepali, Assamese and Tibetan.
- Entry formalities :- Govt. of Arunachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Kautilya Marg. Chanakyapuri, New Delhi, Ph.: 011-3013956.
- Deputy Resident commissioner, Kolkata, CE-109, sector-1, salt lake city, Ph.:033-3341243,
- Deputy Resident Commissioner,Shillong (Megalaya), Phone:0364-224247, 223895,
- Deputy Resident Commissioners, Guwahati, Assam, Ph.: 0361-452859.
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Tezpur, Assam, Ph.: 03712-20241,
- Deputy Resident Commissioner, Mohanbari, Dibrughar, Assam, Ph.: 0373-22560, 20398.