Profile of Hon’ble Chief Minister
Name : Shri Pema Khandu
Father : Late Dorjee Khandu
Date and place of birth : 21/08/1979 at Gyangkhar village Lemberdung
Marital : Married
Educational Particulars of School/Institution attended:
- Govt. Secondary School, Bomba, Tawang 1995.
- Donyi-Polo VidyaBhawan, Itanagar, 1997.
- Graduated from Hindu College, Delhi University,BA(Hons) History, 2000.
Details of family : Wife, two sons and two daughters.
Political and social activities: –
- Actively assisted father Late DorjeeKhandu, Former Chief Minister, Arunachal Pradesh since 1998.
- Sworn in as cabinet minister (WRD and tourism) on 20thMay, 2011 in JarbomGamlin Govt.
- Cabinet Minister for Rural Work and Tourism, since 21st November, 2011 in NabamTuki govt. and thereafter for Tourism, Civil Aviation, Art and Culture.
- Inducted as cabinet minister on 1st June, 2014 in NabamTuki govt. after general election 2014
- Chief Minister of AP since 17th July, 2016 to till date
Tribe : Monpa
Travel : Japan, Thailand, Macau, Sri Lanka, USA, Canada,South Africa, Bhutan and all India.
Hobbies : Music, Social Service.
Sports : Football, Cricket, Badminton and Volleyball.
Special Interests :
- Chairman of Bodhi Language and literature promotional society.
- Conducted plantation drive in Tawang district at various blocks.
- Organized periodical medical camps at various blocks and village in Tawang district.
- Organized educational promotional programmes in Tawang district.
- Patronize talent search among local youths for preserving their traditional songs in entire Tawang and West Kameng district by conducting singing talent shows.
- Organized games and sports in village, block and district level on annual and seasonal basis.
- Champion for civil Army relation through conduct of annual MaitreeDiwas.
Permanent Address : Village – Gyangkhar, P.O-Lemberdung, P.S and District – Tawang, (AP.)
Present residential address : DK House, DDK Road, Near State Circuit House, Upper ‘C’- Sector, Itanagar, (A.P).
Other information, if any : Keen for developing a peaceful and socio-economically vibrant Arunachal Pradesh with cordial relation among tribes of the state.
Focused on governance related systemic reforms to build a solid bedrock of administration.